PEAK INTEGRATIVE WELLNESS LLC
HIPAA and HITECH Compliance
Peak Integrative complies with all provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) and all regulations promulgated thereunder including, without limitations, all privacy, confidentiality and security provisions thereof. Peak Integrative also complies with the privacy and confidentiality provisions of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 as well as the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (“HITECH”).
How We Collect and Use Information
Peak Integrative may collect and store personal or other information that you voluntarily supply to us online while using the Site (e.g., while on the Site or in responding via email to a feature provided on the Site). The Site only contacts individuals who specifically request that we do so or in the event that they have signed up to receive our messaging, attended one of our events, or have purchased one of our products. The Site collects personally identifying information from our users during online registration and online purchasing. Generally, this information includes name and e-mail address for registration or opt-in purposes and name, postal address and credit card information when registering for our events or purchasing our products. All of this information is provided to us by you.
We also collect and store information that is generated automatically as you navigate online through the Site. For example, we may collect information about your computer's connection to the Internet, which allows us, among other things, to improve the delivery of our web pages to you and to measure traffic on the Site. We also may use a standard feature found in browser software called a "cookie" to enhance your experience with the Site. Cookies are small files that your web browser places on your hard drive for recordkeeping purposes. By showing how and when visitors use the Site, cookies help us deliver advertisements, identify how many unique users visit us, and track user trends and patterns. Cookies also prevent you from having to re-enter your preferences on certain areas of the Site where you may have entered preference information before. The Site also may use web beacons (single-pixel graphic files also known as "transparent GIFs") to access cookies and to count users who visit the Site or open HTML-formatted email messages.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties online - for example on message boards, web logs, through email or in chat areas - that information can be seen, collected and used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third party use of such information.
Please also note that we may occasionally release information about our visitors when release is appropriate to comply with law or to protect the rights, property or safety of users of the Site or the public.
Please also note that as our business grows, we may buy or sell various assets. In the unlikely event that we sell some or all of our assets, or one or more of our websites is acquired by another company, information about our users may be among the transferred assets.
We also use Google Analytics Advertising Features to optimize our business. Advertising Features include:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform integrations
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
By enabling these Google Analytics Advertising Features, we are required to notify our visitors by disclosing the use of these features and that we and third party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers and third party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third party identifiers together to gather data about your activities on the Site. Among other uses, this allows us to contact you, if you begin to fill out our check-out form but abandon it before completion, with an email reminding you to complete your order. The “Remarketing” feature allows us to reach people who previously visited the Site, and match the right audience with the right advertising message.
Social Media Platforms
We abide by Facebook’s Data Use Restrictions:
- Any data or other information collected, received or derived from our participation in various social media platforms, including Facebook is only shared with others acting on our behalf, such as our service provider. We ensure that our service providers protect any such data or information obtained by us and make all reasonable attempt to keep said information confidential and secure.
- We do not use social medial advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by the social media platform) and then only to assess the performance and effectiveness of our social media advertising campaigns.
- We do not use social media advertising data, including targeting criteria, to build, append, edit, influence or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
- We do not transfer any social media advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
General Data Privacy Regulation (“GDPR”)
The GDPR took effect on May 25, 2018, and is intended to protect the data of European Union (“EU”) citizens.
As a company that markets the Site, content, products and/or services online we do not specifically target our marketing to the EU or conduct business in or to the EU in any meaningful way. If the data that you provide to us in the course of your use of the Site, content, products and/or services is governed by GDPR, we will abide by the relevant portions of that regulation.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), or are accessing the Site from within the EEA, you may have the right to request: access to, correction of, deletion of, portability of, and restriction or objection to processing, of your personal data, from us. This includes the “right to be forgotten.”
To make any of these requests, please contact Peak Integrative.
Children's Privacy Statement
This Children's Privacy Statement explains our practices with respect to the online collection and use of personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) years, and provides important information regarding their rights under federal law with respect to such information.
- The Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13) and we do NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13) as part of the Site. We screen users who wish to provide personal information in order to prevent users under the age of thirteen (13) from providing such information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen (13) as part of the Site, we will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13) as part of the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13) as part of the Site, we also do NOT knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
- We do NOT knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen (13) to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information through the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we do NOT condition the participation of a child under thirteen (13) in the Site's online activities on providing personally identifiable information.
How Do We Store Your Information?
Your information is stored at the list server that delivers the Site content and messaging. Your information can only be accessed by those who help manage those lists in order to deliver e-mail to those who would like to receive the Site material.
All of the messaging or emails that are sent to you by the Site include an unsubscribe link in them. You can remove yourself at any time from our email list by clicking on the unsubscribe link that can be found in every communication that we send you.